7/16/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #73: Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman.

Expected Publication: September 9, 2014.
by: Abrams/Amulet.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Emmeline knows the woods outside her settlement are forbidden. The mysterious enemy that wiped out half her people lurks there, keeping them isolated in an unfamiliar land with merciless winters. 
Living with the shame of her grandmother's insubordination, Emmeline has learned to keep her head down and her quick tongue silent. When the settlement leader asks for her hand in marriage, it's a rare opportunity to wash the family stain clean--even if she has eyes for another. But before she is forced into an impossible decision, her dreams urge her out to the woods, where she finds a path she can't help but follow. The trail leads to a secret that someone in the settlement will kill to protect. Her grandmother went down that path and paid the price.
If Emmeline isn't careful, she will be next.

Why I'm excited:
This one sounds so mysterious! What is in those woods? What will happen if Emmeline goes in there? Will we get any actual answers? I must know! Can't wait to start in on this one!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! kind of reminds me of "the village".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The first thing that went through my mind was M. Night's "The Village," one of my favorite movies. This is definitely going on my TBR list! Here's my WoW!

    I'm also hosting a blitz & giveaway today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the other commenters. It's like The Village or Gathering Blue. I wonder if it'll have horror elements?? Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is awesome! I love The Village, I will have to check this out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!