7/02/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #71: The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters.

Expected Publication: October 14, 2014.
by: Amulet Books.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Olivia Mead is a headstrong, independent girl—a suffragist—in an age that prefers its girls to be docile. It’s 1900 in Oregon, and Olivia’s father, concerned that she’s headed for trouble, convinces a stage mesmerist to try to hypnotize the rebellion out of her. But the hypnotist, an intriguing young man named Henri Reverie, gives her a terrible gift instead: she’s able to see people’s true natures, manifesting as visions of darkness and goodness, while also unable to speak her true thoughts out loud. These supernatural challenges only make Olivia more determined to speak her mind, and so she’s drawn into a dangerous relationship with the hypnotist and his mysterious motives, all while secretly fighting for the rights of women. Winters breathes new life into history once again with an atmospheric, vividly real story, including archival photos and art from the period throughout.

Why I'm excited:
I loved (loved loved loved) Cat's debut, In the Shadow of Blackbirds. That alone is enough to make me want this book. But then she had to go and make it another historical fiction novel, which is only my favourite genre. And she's tying in hypnotism and women's suffrage and a rebellious girl and more of the old photos like were in Blackbirds? "MUST HAVE NOW" is basically where I am with this one.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I've seen this one and I think it looks pretty good!
    Here's my WoW....
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-big-little-lies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds cool!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cure looks good and is new to me, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loove this cover! and it sounds hauntingly wonderful.

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how excited I am for this one! It's going to be wondrous!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around. It sounds really good and am anxiously awaiting for it to come out.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover! I haven't read any Cat Winters yet, but definitely have heard a lot of great things, will have to check her out. Awesome pick, thank for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting more into historical fiction, so I am excited to learn about new books from good authors. Thanks for the share!

    Kat @ Books Are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES! I agree with all of that! :) This just sounds too good to pass up! Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!