4/16/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #64: Maid of Deception by Jennifer McGowan





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Maid of Deception by Jennifer McGowan.

Expected Publication: August 25, 2014.
by: Simon & Schuster BYR.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Beatrice Knowles is a Maid of Honor, one of Queen Elizabeth I’s secret protectors. Known for her uncanny ability to manipulate men’s hearts, Beatrice has proven herself to be a valuable asset in the Queen’s court—or so she thinks. It has been three weeks since the Maids thwarted a plot to overthrow the Queen, and Beatrice is preparing to wed her betrothed, Lord Cavanaugh. However, her plans come to a crashing halt as rumors of a brewing Scottish rebellion spread among the court.

Beatrice’s new assignment is to infiltrate the visiting Scottish delegation using her subtle arts in persuasion. The mission seems simple enough, until the Queen pairs Beatrice with the worst of the lot—Alasdair MacLeod. Beatrice cannot help but think that the Queen is purposefully setting her up for failure. But Alasdair could be the key to unlocking the truth about the rebellion….and her own heart. Caught in a web of ever-more-twisting lies, Beatrice must rise up among the Maids of Honor and prove what she’s known all along: In a court filled with deception and danger, love may be the deadliest weapon of all.


Why I'm excited:
I really enjoyed the first book, Maid of Secrets, and I love the fact that each book in the series will focus on a different Maid of Honor! I'm looking forward to reading Beatrice's story and seeing how she uses her charms to get through what seems like it'll be a set of sticky situations! Ah, drama at court. I really can't ever get enough.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before but will be checking it out sounds like a great read! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those series that's on my wishlist but I just haven't got around to yet - love the idea of each book focusing on a different girl. It reminds me of the Grave Mercy series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first book, but I do like the sounds of this one. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!