4/02/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #62: Born of Deception by Teri Brown




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Born of Deception by Teri Brown.
Born of Illusion #2.

Expected Publication: June 10, 2014
by: Balzer + Bray.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Budding illusionist Anna Van Housen is on top of the world: after scoring a spot on a prestigious European vaudeville tour, she has moved to London to chase her dream and to join an underground society for people like her with psychic abilities. Along with her handsome beau, Cole Archer, Anna is prepared to take the city by storm.

But when Anna arrives in London, she finds the group in turmoil. Sensitives are disappearing and, without a suspect, the group’s members are turning on one another. Could the kidnapper be someone within the society itself—or has the nefarious Dr. Boyle followed them to London?

As Cole and Anna begin to unravel the case and secrets about the society are revealed, they find themselves at odds, their plans for romance in London having vanished. Her life in danger and her relationship fizzling, can Anna find a way to track down the killer before he makes her his next victim—or will she have to pay the ultimate price for her powers?

Set in Jazz-Age London, this alluring sequel to Born of Illusion comes alive with sparkling romance, deadly intrigue, and daring magic.


Why I'm excited:
I really enjoyed the first one and I'm so looking forward to seeing what's next for Anna, especially since she's headed to London! Sounds like it's going to be interesting, for sure!

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I still really need to read the first book in this series - I've heard so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book, but I haven't read it yet...
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about this one, too! I could have sworn the original synopsis said something about Rasputin. *scratches head* I was excited because I've had a bizarre fascination with him since learning about him in history class lol.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!