7/24/2013

Waiting on Wednesday #32: Not a Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Not a Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis.

Expected Publication: September 24, 2013
by: Katherine Tegen Books

Goodreads Blurb:
Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.


Why I'm excited:
I've been looking forward to this one since I first heard about it. I'm still not over the whole apocalyptic-type survival novel craze and not only does this one sound amazing, but the cover is fantastic! The Harper Canada ARC fairy recently surprised me with this one and I am beyond excited to dig in!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. YES to this book! It sounds so good! I can't wait to read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO GO GO READ IT NOW! I got an eARC in February but I'm lazy and am NOW getting to all the 53543547573 September releases I have to read and review and schedule before September. *gulps*

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!