3/26/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #61: The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes.

Expected Publication: May 20, 2014.
by: HarperTeen.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is used to getting what she wants, and when her boyfriend Jason breaks up with her for no reason, what she wants is to win him back before the start of their senior year. Lainey and her friend Bianca check the interwebz for tips and tricks, but the online dating advice is all pretty lame. 

Then the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. Didn't someone once say that love is a battlefield? Jason isn't going to stand a chance once Lainey and Bee go all Zhou Dynasty on him... 

Old school strategy and subterfuge meet modern-day dramarama in the story of a girl who sets out to win at all costs and ends up discovering what's really worth fighting for.


Why I'm excited:
Okay, technically yes, I have already read this one. But it was SO GOOOOOOD. So I'm waiting on the finished copy to be released so I can have a beautiful completed copy of the book and shove it on everyone who can appreciate the cute, fun book that this is!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely taking this book on vacation with me in a few weeks. I've really enjoyed her writing in the best and this book sounds so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about this one before, thanks for sharing! :) The Art of Lainey sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!