3/12/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #59: A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn.

Expected Publication: May 6, 2014.
by: HMH Books for Young Readers.

Goodreads Synopsis:
A stunning debut novel about a girl who is half dragon, half human, and wholly herself.

As the only heir to the throne, Marni should have been surrounded by wealth and privilege, not living in exile-but now the time has come when she must choose between claiming her birthright as princess of a realm whose king wants her dead, and life with the father she has never known: a wild dragon who is sending his magical woods to capture her.

Fans of Bitterblue and Seraphina will be captured by a Creature of Moonlight, with its richly layered storytelling and the powerful choices its strong heroine must make.


Why I'm excited:
Since the sequel to Seraphina doesn't appear to be on its way in the very near future, I'll need something else to give me my human/dragon fix. Seeing as this one has been compared to Seraphina and has a half-dragon girl, I think this one might be a great fit! Plus, more fantasy is always a good thing.

What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. Oooo, this one sounds really good! I like dragon stories. Have you read The Sweetest Dark series by Shana Abe? I think you would like them a lot. Historical and dragons!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo. Adding this to my goodreads. With comps like Bitterblue and Seraphina....it's bound to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! This one is brand new to me, but if it's anything like Seraphina, I'm in! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read fantasy, but I hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Did I just read that her dad's sending his magical woods after her? What the heck. Must read. I really love the person/dragon types of books too. Great pick!
    New follower :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! this one sounds good, I like books about dragons.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS? This sounds fantastic and that cover is so pretty. Thanks for putting it on my radar, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!