7/10/2015

Weekly Wrap: July 10, 2015

Inspired by Kathy and Kelly's Weekly Obsessions and Kay's Bookish Report, this is where I catch you up on things from around the blogosphere that caught my eye over the past week.


Covers


Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake
I absolutely adore the range of blues on this one. They're such gorgeous colours.


Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin
As much as I'm not usually a huge fan of eye covers (the Shatter Me series covers excepted), this one is such a cool and theme appropriate use of the eye imagery that I can't help but think it's totally worth it.


The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
I kind of have mixed feelings on this one because I don't love how close the imagery is to the first one... I wanted it to have an equally striking but different strong symbol on it, but alas. I do really like the silver blood dripping with the red from before, though, and that tagline is flawless.


Around the Blogosphere


Tiff of Mostly YA Lit wrote a really good post about sexual violence in Sarah J. Maas' new book, A Court of Thorns and Roses. Definitely worth a read because she brings up some great points. Check it out here.

Christa of More Than Just Magic wrote a great post for Women Write About Comics on learning storytelling through childhood toys, specifically Barbies. As someone who also used to make up elaborate stories and plots for my Barbies, I found this a really interesting read. Read it here.

The Mary Sue also had an excellent post this week, theirs about one of my favourite shows, The 100, and how it has a pretty incredible cast of diverse female characters (and diverse in so many different ways). Read that here.


New Book Deals

Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm

Transference by Bethany Wiggins
 (DRAGONS, GUYS. I love me some dragons)

Rising Three by Jennifer Rush

4 Wizards by Noelle Stevenson and Todd Casey

Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu

Riverkeep by Martin Stewart

The Radius of Us by Marie Marquardt



Also recently announced: the third book in Anne Blankman's three book deal with HarperCollins. This one is separate from her duology and is called Traitor Angels. Here's a little more info:
"The Da Vinci Code meets Graceling in this romantic YA adventure from award-winning author Anne Blankman. In TRAITOR ANGELS, Elizabeth discovers an explosive secret concealed in the epic poem Paradise Lost -- a secret that tears apart the fabric of society."
Whaaaaaat? Does that not sound amazing? I am already SO excited for this one.
Traitor Angels is due out Summer 2016.

Pre-Order Offers


Julie Murphy is running a US only pre-order campaign for her upcoming release, Dumplin', where you can get an adorable Dumplin' pin for sending proof of your pre-order to her! More details (and picture courtesy of) her tumblr, here.

Song of the Week

A new addition to Weekly Wrap (which only started last week itself, but whatever) because I listen to music so often that I might as well share some of it with you! I'll try to pick a song I was listening to a lot over the past week, unless I was boring, in which case I'll just pick one I love! This week's is definitely one I've been overplaying, though. Actually, since it's the first week, I'll give you two: the one that introduced me to Ryn Weaver, and the song of hers that has become my new obsession.

 
 

What's new in your corner of the book world this week? Did I miss anything that you're really excited about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!