11/26/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #92: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly.

Expected Publication: February 10, 2015.
by: HarperCollins Children's Books.

Goodreads Synopsis:
The city of Bryre suffers under the magic of an evil wizard. Because of his curse, girls sicken and disappear without a trace, and Bryre’s inhabitants live in fear. No one is allowed outside after dark.

Yet night is the only time that Kymera can enter this dangerous city, for she must not be seen by humans. Her father says they would not understand her wings, the bolts in her neck, or her spiky tail—they would kill her. They would not understand that she was created for a purpose: to rescue the girls of Bryre.

Despite her caution, a boy named Ren sees Kym and begins to leave a perfect red rose for her every evening. As they become friends, Kym learns that Ren knows about the missing girls, the wizard, and the evil magic that haunts Bryre. 

And what he knows will change Kym’s life. 

Reminiscent of Frankenstein and the tales of the Brothers Grimm, this debut novel by MarcyKate Connolly stands out as a compelling, original story that has the feel of a classic.


Why I'm excited:
The synopsis had me totally hooked from the moment I first read it, but then I saw that perfect cover and I knew all over again that I need this book. I am so, so excited to meet Kymera and see how MarcyKate Connolly pulls from the old tales for this very unique-sounding story.

What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!