8/29/2013

Pull Yourself Together, Girl!

I'll admit it: I have been a terrible blogger lately.

I have review books that have come out that I have read but not reviewed. I'm so sorry, pubs and authors.

I've slacked on my Sophomore Spotlight feature, missing some AWESOME authors in the past month that I meant to contact ages ago.

I've been trying to be a better commenter. At least I'm making SOME progress there... give me something?

SO. The point of this post is that yes, I feel guilty. I think we all have moments as bloggers when we forget one thing or are late on another and that we then feel bad about. Problem is, that is my whole life lately. With classes starting back up, I've made myself a commitment to get my literal butt in gear exercising more, so I'm also going to try to get back on track with my schedule. I'm posting this as a little accountability for myself, and so you guys have an idea of what you can expect to see soon (provided I do get my blogger butt in gear. If I don't, you can yell at me).

So here's what's going on:

I'm trying to organize three big blog events. One each in October, December, and April. I have to organize book lists for reviews, email tons of people, and sort posts. 

I have to catch up on my backlog of unwritten reviews. I currently have 12. 

I must get myself organized when it comes to my BEA books vs. books sent by pubs. Prioritize, schedule, and stick to it. 

I'm hoping that by the end of September I'll not only have figured some of this nonsense out, but that I'll be ahead and scheduling for the future.

I'd love it if you'd help hold me to it, guys! If you catch me messing around on Twitter, yell at me! Tell me to go write a review or something (or pay attention in class, maybe... no promises there). This is my hobby and I love it, so I don't want it to be stressful, but being behind is making it so. Please bear with me while I get things in order and I promise my events will bring some fantastic fun to the blog to make up for it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know you can do it, try not to stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay. I appreciate the support :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!