3/06/2013

Waiting on Wednesday #19: Of Beast and Beauty




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!
This week, I'm waiting on:

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay.

Expected Publication: July 23, 2013
by Delacorte BYR.

Goodreads Blurb:
In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.


Why I'm excited: A retelling of Beauty and the Beast? That's all you needed to say to get me on board. But that blurb just adds to the excitement. It sounds very promising!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like one of the more unique and promising Beauty and the Beast retellings that I've heard of! I love these sorts of books!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound very promising and not too close to the original. I really want to give more retellings a try, so I'm hoping this will be good!

      Delete
  2. *waves* Hi Jessica!

    I definitely think this is one not to be missed! I love the story of Beauty and the Beast, but I haven't read a really good retelling in a while (most of them aren't so great). But this one sounds better - I will be sure to read it :D

    Here is my WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves* Hi!
      I'm on exactly the same page. I love Beauty and the Beast as well and have been disappointed by retellings before so I'm really hoping to love this one! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!