12/03/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #93: The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson.

Expected Publication: February 5, 2015.
by: Putnam Juvenile.

Goodreads Synopsis:
The thrilling third installment to the Edgar-nominated, bestselling series.

At the end of Maureen Johnson’s New York Times bestselling novel, The Madness Underneath, Rory, Callum and Boo are reeling from the sudden and tragic death of their friend and squad leader, Stephen. The Shadow Cabinet picks up where readers left off, and now Rory is convinced there must be a way to bring Stephen back. Meanwhile, new dangers arise: Rory's classmate Charlotte is missing, and Jane and her nefarious organization are clearly planning something big—with Rory as their most valuable asset. Time is running out as the ghost squad struggles to protect London and Rory fights to bring Stephen back.


Why I'm excited:
Honestly, after the ending of The Madness Underneath, I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO STEPHEN. That's really my main motivation for going into this book, not going to lie. Johnson sure didn't pull any punches with what happened to him but I know there must be more going on there. I just need to know what it is!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally understand keeping going just to find out the fate of one particular character. The premise sounds pretty interesting, but I haven't read the first. Perhaps I'll go back and take a closer look at book 1. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here's my WoW: The Conspiracy of Us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series yet but I love the cover of this one!
    My Wow
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!