9/04/2013

Waiting on Wednesday #36: Sekret by Lindsay Smith



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Sekret by Lindsay Smith.

Expected Publication: April 15, 2014
by: Roaring Brook Press/Macmillan's Children's.

Goodreads Blurb:
From debut author Lindsay Smith comes an espionage thriller
with a dash of both history and dystopia.

Yulia’s father always taught her that an empty mind is a safe mind. She has to hide her thoughts and control her emotions to survive in Communist Russia, especially because she seems to be able to read the minds of the people she touches. When she’s captured by the KGB and forced to work as a psychic spy with a mission to undermine the U.S. space program, she’s thrust into a world of suspicion, deceit, and horrifying power where she can trust no one. 

She certainly can’t trust Rostov, the cruel KGB operative running the psychic program. Or handsome Sergei who encourages her to cooperate with the KGB. Or brooding Valentin who tells her to rebel against them. And not the CIA, who have a psychic so powerful he can erase a person’s mind with his own thoughts. Yulia quickly learns she must rely on her own wits and power to survive in this world where no SEKRET can stay hidden for long.


Why I'm excited:
I studied Communist Russia in school last year but I don't think I have ever read a fiction novel set in it (terrible, I know), so to find one that sounds this amazing is definitely exciting. I love my history, so I can't wait for this one! Why is April so far away!?

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea about this book and now I can't wait for it either! Seriously this book sounds so amazing! This might be my favorite discovery of the week!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the features, Jessica!! I can't wait FOR you to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!